Some of the ads you see on the Web or in applications on your mobile device are tailored to your interests and based on your activity online or in the applications on your mobile device. This type of ad tailoring — sometimes called “interest-based” or “online behavioral” advertising — is enabled through various technologies, including browser cookies, mobile advertising identifiers as well as other non-cookie technologies. Tailored digital ads help support the free products, services and content you enjoy online. To help protect your privacy, Transformation Fund members voluntarily agree to the high standards established by the Transformation Fund Codes of Conduct when engaging in Interest-Based Advertising and Cross-App Advertising and are committed to providing you transparency and choice for these activities. This page was created to help users learn more about participating Transformation Fund member companies and the transparency and choice these members offer.
Opting out of interest-based advertising does not mean you will no longer see advertising online. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opt out will no longer show ads that have been tailored to your interests.
You may use this service to:
- find out which participating Transformation Fund member companies may be conducting Interest-Based Advertising on your browser,
- learn more about the individual participating Transformation Fund member companies and their privacy practices by clicking on the links to their privacy notices,
- find out if this browser is already opted-out from Interest-Based Advertising from participating Transformation Fund member companies,
- learn more about tailored advertising in applications on mobile devices and the choices you have to opt out, and
- choose to opt out of Interest-Based Advertising from one, some or all participating Transformation Fund member companies on your browser.
When opting out of Interest-Based Advertising on this browser, participating Transformation Fund member companies may store your preference in opt-out cookies in this browser. This opt-out tool enables the participating Transformation Fund member companies to set their opt-out cookies directly in this browser, when possible. Sometimes a browser’s configuration may prevent companies from setting opt-out cookies. If your browser’s settings blocks cookies you may experience unsuccessful opt-out requests and may see a message that an “Opt-Out is Blocked by Browser Settings,” or that an “Opt-Out is Temporarily Unavailable.”
Some Transformation Fund members engage only in Cross-App Advertising and may not be listed on this opt-out page. For a full list of members please visit our membership page.
Technology used to deliver advertising continues to evolve and change. Transformation Fund and its members have worked to develop this service to enable you to opt out of the use of non-cookie technologies which some participating companies may use for Interest-Based Advertising.